Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Soca Saved My Life

"Soca and Me" is a collection of some of the Soca music I've made over the past ten years.When I first did "With or Without You" with the multi-talented king of Soca Machel Montano...I had just been let go from my Rock record company.I went to Trinidad that year and Machel and Xtatik allowed me to perform with them. The music, energy and love of the Caribbean music fan gave me the inspiration to get back into the studio and form The Brotherhood of the Grape.This Saturday I'll be performing with Machel @ 6 flags N.J. it has been almost 10 years to the day since we first sang the song in Trinidad and enjoyed a Stag beer @ Smokey and Bunty after the show. Machel has given me opportunities beyond my dreams and I've said it before i'll say it again............Trinidad....you are blessed.

No comments: